COVID-19: Keeping our Residents and Staff Safe
At Signature, the safety and wellbeing of our residents has always been our biggest priority. We have constantly evolved and adapted to all of the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, and will continue to do so in future.
All of our homes have been rated “Good” or “Outstanding” by the CQC (Care Quality Commission) and have also been Infection and Prevention Control Assured by the CQC in relation to the pandemic.
Recently, we have enabled our residents to be vaccinated in line with the government vaccination program, and 99% of our eligible residents have now been vaccinated.
Some of our other safety policies and measures include:
- All Signature staff have been offered the government COVID-19 vaccination
- Plentiful supplies of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- 15-minute COVID-testing for visitors when government guidance allows
- Regular COVID testing – staff every 7 days, residents every 14 days
- Regular staff safety training, including safe PPE use, self-testing and vaccination processes
- In addition to our enhanced cleaning schedules we are using a sanitising misting system to touch point areas across the home twice daily
- Industry-leading staff-to-resident ratio ensures that every resident receives the safety and security they need
- Large apartment sizes, communal areas and garden areas to enable better social distancing
- Regular updates to family members on how we are keeping their loved ones safe
“In recent months, of course, there have been necessary changes to deal with COVID, but I feel that these have been handled with a great deal of thought, with the welfare of the residents the most important consideration. The family have always been consulted about the changes, and given regular updates about the current situation, and we feel so grateful that the residents are being so well protected.” – Comment from Signature at Cliveden Manor resident’s family on CareHome.co.uk
Maintaining Mental and Physical Wellbeing
With group activities and outings restricted due to the pandemic, Signature has ensured that residents are kept stimulated during these challenging times. With visiting often restricted due to government guidelines, we have also offered our residents’ relatives ways to keep in touch with and to interact with their loved ones. Some of these include:
- Daily calendars of activities, designed to observe safety policies and social distancing
- Regular video calls arranged between residents and their families
- “Message a Resident” function, allowing friends and family to keep in touch
- Safe visiting environments, allowing family members to visit, be tested, and meet with their loved ones in a safe and comfortable setting
- Arranging an exclusive live video performance from four West End signing stars at Christmas
“Even in the exceptional circumstances created by COVID, the staff have used every opportunity to ease the stress it has caused and make contact with her from outside as available as possible either through video links or in-person visits.” – Comment from Signature at Coombe Hill Manor resident’s family on CareHome.co.uk
Please see some of our most popular Facebook posts for examples of activities and events enjoyed by our residents:
- The West End visits Signature – exclusive Christmas performance for our residents and families
- Luxury spa day at Elton House
- Pottery making at Parklands Manor
- Christmas highlights from Pembroke House
- Valentine’s Day at Reigate Grange
Support for New Residents
All of our homes are now accepting new residents, whether for respite care, residential nursing or dementia care. With the pandemic often causing extra anxiety for prospective residents and their families, we are pleased to be able to offer our award-winning care in a safe and supported environment.
Many of the usual processes for relatives to assess a care home have now been affected by government guidelines or safety protocols. However, we offer prospective residents and their families various ways to view our homes and understand how we can help. These include:
- Potential residents can still view the home in person, please contact the home for visiting safety procedures.
- Virtual, guided tours of our homes hosted by our Customer Liaison Managers and tailored to the needs and interests of the care seeker
- Interactive tours of many of our homes where the care seeker can explore the home online
“I am so grateful to all the staff at Signature for everything that they have done to enable my mother’s move to go so smoothly and to help her settle in so quickly. From arranging her own furniture and pictures as she wanted them; helping her with I.T. issues with her phone so we can keep in daily touch with her and facilitating weekly visits in a carefully considered and safe way, the staff at Bentley House have done everything they can to make her feel at home and settled in very challenging circumstances.” – Comment from Signature at Bentley House resident’s family on CareHome.co.uk
Residents and Staff – In Their Own Words
We believe there is no better endorsement of Signature’s reaction to the COVID pandemic than the words of our staff and relatives. This video shows some of the messages we have received during this challenging time: